8.05.2007

In no way related to business, leadership, or ethics

Dog!

This is Loki (nee Berkley). He's a rescue dog that I'm "testing" for the next couple days. I actually stalked him online for a few weeks about a month ago, when I was still too heartbroken to adopt, but was looking at the rescue sites. By the time I got the nerve to ask about him, he was gone. But lo and behold, he re-appeared this week, and I put an application on him.

It's been a strange thing. I'm still mourning Simon, a lot. Having a new pup around reminds me of how close we were. But I think I will sad be for a long time, new dog or no. There's no replacement for him, and it will take a long time to build a bond with a dog like I had with Simon after 10 years. He was one of a kind.

But this little dude is a total character, in a very different way. He's very timid, was probably not socialized much at all. He's pretty jumpy, but loves affection and is great on a leash. After just the afternoon he's chilled out quite a bit. David and I are enjoying him so far. He has mastered the fine art of pathetic cuteness, thus earning the nickname, His Royal Patheticness. So far he's also Bat Ears, and The Half-Blood Prince.

At first I thought about calling him Yogi, because when I was doing yoga I got into bridge pose, and he inserted himself under my lower back, like a yoga prop.

Noise wise, he hasn't made a peep so far. I'll be posting regular updates for all the crazy dog people (you know who you are).

I'm not settled on the name yet, so if you have suggestions feel free to let me know.

No comments: