1.26.2008

Parties and Terriers


When they can't get my attention, they wail on each other in the most amusing fashion.

DSC_1485I've been out of commission this week, I got the stomach flu the day after my wedding reception. And while it sucked, I am so very happy that it didn't happen that weekend. All the parties were fun, and we had a great turnout at the reception. Kyla's wedding cake was amazing, and Tracy and Donald took a million pictures, a selection of which can be seen on my flickr page (click on the badge to the right). Connie made me a fabulous necklace to wear, and Tracy did my hair and makeup. All in all, it was a great weekend. My childhood friend Roxanna and her husband Nic and baby Maxine came out for the madness fun, which was really cool. My brother was also out to visit and we got to take him to Fonda San Miguel for dinner, which he'd been looking forward to since I got him the cookbook for Christmas a couple years ago.

Anyway, I've had to take it uncharacteristically easy this week, which is probably good for me, as I've been running at top speed for a few months now. Funny how your body forces you to slow down when your mind won't take the hint. Hello, three flus in three months? Blah.

I'm glad Weddingstravaganza I went well, part II will be in Santa Barbara in March, date TBA. In between I plan to write, rest, do more yoga, and have a nice, quiet celebration for my husband's birthday.

No comments: