4.29.2008

Cookies Are My Heroine


This recipe has been dubbed "best ever" by my husband, who gets to eat Tiff's Treats on a regular basis. I surprised him with a box of freshly baked cookies a couple weeks ago when he had to work late (I so rock).

I love cookies. I love them in an indecent and dangerous way. And warm, homemade cookies are really just the bees knees. This recipe is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe, but there's nothing light about them when I'm done with it, other than the texture which is a little airier and chewier than your average cookie. Enjoy!

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
1
cup quick oats

3/4
teaspoon baking powder
1/2
teaspoon baking soda
1/2
teaspoon salt
3/4
cup granulated sugar
1/2
cup packed brown
1/3
cup butter, softened
1 1/2
teaspoons vanilla
1
large egg
1/2
cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk; set aside.

Place sugars and butter in a large bowl (I use my KitchenAid mixer); beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg; beat until blended.


Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans, chips and coconut. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned (they usually take a couple minutes longer in my oven, make sure they're not raw in the middle). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.

No comments: