6.07.2008

Rather a lot of updates

I've been neglecting my blog lately, mostly because I don't know where to start. Life has been, well, crazy.

My Nana (paternal grandmother) passed away a couple of weeks ago, and that has been really hard. She was a really important part of my childhood and early adulthood. She suffered from dementia in her final several years, and was at a rest home in Santa Barbara near my parents and one of my aunts. I didn't spend very much time with her over the last few years, and when I did it was hard to relate her to the woman I knew during most of my life. So I have regrets, and sadness, and the usual anger and confusion and stress that comes with grieving. I like to think that her always free spirit is really free now and that she's in a joyful place.

It's impossible to encapsulate the things that she shared with me, and I'm not ready to go public with all those memories. I'm finding it strange to be grieving again at the same time of year last year I was grieving my dog Simon. Then last night I found out a friend from my early days in Austin passed away unexpectedly a year ago. She was 50. Her name was Breeze, and she taught me how to read tarot cards when I first moved back to Austin in 2001. She was quite a mystic, so I hope she's enjoying the next part of her journey.

Meanwhile, on the career front things are coming together. My company, DiamondMind Consulting is going to be officially incorporated in the next couple of weeks. We're making connections in the community and working on a case study. I'm also writing articles and developing presentations and workshops. I'm starting to get the hang of this entrepreneur/consultant thing:

  1. Try Stuff
  2. Make Mistakes
  3. Try More Stuff.
Maybe I can expand that into a workshop...

Most of my ethics/business/OD blogging is going to be moving to my company blog. Please do check it out if you're interested in that sort of thing. My partners will be contributing their considerable wisdom as well.

Also on the happy front, David and I celebrate our Halfiversary on Monday. Six months of matrimony, and we haven't killed each other yet. And I think I've managed to actually send all my thank you letters for wedding presents. Please let me know if I missed you...

I'm going to try to be a better updater. Stay posted for more dog and food pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. It's so hard to lose people we love.

Congrats on getting your business going. Ya'll are great! I'll have to check out your blog.

Yes, I need more Loki pictures soon!