2.18.2009

More Latest Addictions

It's still officially winter here, though Austin's are notoriously short. The trees are starting to bloom, so hopefully I'll be out and about snapping new photos soon. In the meantime, I'm holed up with a flu, so this edition of Addictions will be homebody-related.

  • Ru Paul's Drag Race - Tracy turned me on to this and I lurve it. I so miss the drag scene in San Francisco, and this show manages to be terribly campy while still kind of heartwarming and poingiant.
  • Homemade Cough Syrup - this stuff works better than codeine. Recipe below.
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Sin - Drag-queen worthy, this stuff is a great highlighter, and if you wear it under your shadow and liner, nothing will budge for hours. Bellydancers, take note!
  • Battlestar Galactica, Season 4 - The best show on TV, and one of the best sci-fi epics ever. I am such a nerd for this show.
  • Soups and Stews (list below) - The best bet for dumping all my CSA veggies into something comforting and tasty.


Homeopathic Cough Syrup

2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
4 Tbsp Water
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Simmer for a few minutes. Take by the teaspoonful. The ginger and honey is soothing, and the cayenne acts as an expectorant.

Soup and Stew Recipes

1 comment:

Ryan (LWM) said...

BSG! I'm in a holding pattern until it ends and they release the last episodes on DVD, then I will set aside a day and watch in one sitting. Now THAT is dorky.